Before going to download MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6 dmg file make sure where you want to install the MacOS High Sierra Operating system because if you are Mac user and you are curious to download and install MacOS High Sierra on Mac computer, Needless to say, you need to download MacOS High Sierra from App Store. the dmg file is consists of 4.9GB and I will show you how you can download the dmg file.
If you are a Windows user then you have to download the dmg file from the link below and you know without virtualization software we can’t install any Mac operating system. as we have the two powerful software like Virtualbox and Vmware Workstation, to install MacOS High Sierra on Virtualbox or Vmware then you will need a macOS High Sierra dmg file or you can say ISO file. Remember, without dmg file, you never can install any Mac OS on virtualization software, Finally, Thanks to Virtualization software for the great opportunity to allow users to install Mac Operating Systems.
- Download MacOS High Sierra Image File
In this article, you will learn about MacOS High Sierra with its features and I will guide you on how you can download the dmg file for MacOS High Sierra in different ways. So, focus top to toe and read the complete article.
Before moving on, I request you all and I need your beautiful support please like theTechbland Facebook pagefor more product updates.
What is MacOS High Sierra?
MacOS High Sierra is the oldest Apple Operating system but within time Apple updates MacOS High Sierra and included several handy features. However, Apple released MacOS High Sierra on 25, September 2017 and the current version is 10.13.6.
Apple released the best operating system such as MacOS Mojave and this year Apple released MacOS Catalina 10.15 with tons of features. So it means apple take care of their users and updating their operating system. What I prefer you, Download the current and new version of MacOS Catalina 10.15 because Apple has added many handy features and they worked a lot on MacOS Catalina. The best thing about macOS Catalina is, it has new features that MacOS High Sierra and Mojave doesn’t have. Like, SideCar is used to make the iPad as a second display screen, So, there are many other features that are worthy.
Although we can’t say MacOS High Sierra is not the worthy operating system, As Apple introduces MacOS High Sierra before MacOS Mojave and that time apple added several major features, still, MacOS High Sierra is in high demand and people are running High Sierra on there Mac Computer. legions of users are curious so far to download MacOS High Sierra ISO file and install it on Macintosh or virtualization software.
Some MacOS High Sierra Features
- Lock Screen Shortcut: This is the best feature of MacOS High Sierra called Lock Screen Shortcut, Apple included a lock screen shortcut to the menu to lock the screen immediately without wasting any time. whenever you need to get up and walk away then simply hit the Apple logo icon and click lock screen or you can use shortcut key Cammand+Control+Q. Afterward, your Mac will be locked.
- iCloud Sharing:This feature was introduced years ago and this is one of the handy features of MacOS High Sierra. this iCloud Sharing lets you share only those things that are purchased from the App Store, iTunes, and iBooks. but now you can share documents, files, photos with your family Via iCloud.
- Persistent Website Customization:With MacOS High Sierra feature you can customize the websites which are small or too large, there is some browser that won’t remember your searches but in MacOS High Sierra Safari browser will remember and automatically display it.
- Photo Editor: you can edit your photos with third-party apps inside a photo editor and you can filter your photos, changes the color of the picture and many other things you can do with this feature.
- Bright Spotlight: Spotlight works like as Cortana does on Windows 10, you can search for anything like you search on Google and it will give you lots of results. So, the same Spotlight will give you the chance to search for any topic and it will provide the answer even it offers Wikipedia to give the result.
Download MacOS High Sierra dmg File
I hope you get some idea about MacOS High Sierra and High Sierra Features, Now, it is the time to download dmg file and I will give you two ways to download the file. the first one you will download dmg file from the direct link and you will need it when you are going to install MacOS High Sierra on virtualization Software. The second one you will download MacOS High Sierra from App Store using your Mac Computer. So, the dmg file size will be 4.9GB and you will download the current version 10.13.6.
Download macOS High Sierra dmg file (Direct Link)
Here you will see two download links and the first one you will download a dmg file from Google Drive. However, you might face a problem with the google drive download limit. But don’t worry click the link read the article, and download the file.
So, the next link will be the direct download link, there is no need for google drive and anything else. Just make sure your internet connection is fast because the file size is 4.9 GB.
- macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 Final From Google Drive(One Full)
- macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 Final From MediaFire (One File)
Install macOS High Sierra on Virtualbox or Vmware
Once you download the file then I prefer you to install macOS High Sierra on Virtualbox or Vmware if you are Windows users. However, Mac doesn’t allow us to install their operating system on Windows that’s why we have the software and through that, we can install any Mac Operating System.
The installation is quite simple and before going to install macOS High Sierra, download and install Virtualbox or Vmware Workstation on your PC. after that, open the software and create a new Virtual machine for macOS High Sierra. Once you create a virtual machine then insert the macOS High Sierra dmg file and customize the virtual machine settings. Then, run the new Virtual machine that you created and follow the instructions. You don’t need to bring any changes simply read the headlines and descriptions and go ahead.
Download macOS High Sierra dmg File (From App Store)
If you are running macOS High Sierra 10.13.5 and you want to upgrade to High Sierra 10.13.6. Then you will need to download the dmg file and you can do it from App Store. Or you want to downgrade from macOS Mojave to macOS High Sierra. Then you will need the macOS High Sierra dmg file. Besides that, you are a Mac user and for sure you can download any Mac OS dmg file from the App store. Therefore, it easy for you to download the file directly from App Store and I will show you how you can do it.
- Open App Store from the Dock.
- As MacOS Catalina is the current version then you will see MacOS Catalina on the surface. So, you will need to type High Sierra on the search box and press Enter Key. The problem is, you will not find macOS High Sierra on App Store because the latest OS is macOS Catalina.
- As you can’t find macOS High Sierra on App Store, therefore, follow the next step.
- Click the linkand scroll down a little bit.
- On heading 4, you will see Download macOS High Sierra, here, click on the link Get macOS High Sierra.
- Make Sure you have connected with Mac App Store.
- Once you click the link then the App Store Menu will Pop-up. Here you will see MacOS High Sierra with Download Button.
- Finally, click the Download button and wait for some minutes to complete the downloading.
So, this is the method that you can download MacOS High Sierra from App Store. Afterward, you can install it or you can upgrade and downgrade MacOS High Sierra.
- Download MacOS Catalina dmg File
- Download MacOS Mojave dmg File
- Create MacOS High Sierra Bootable USB on Windows
This is the best method to download the MacOS High Sierra dmg file and I have shown you the two handy methods that you can easily download dmg file. So, I hope you understand everything and if our article was helpful for you. Then please give your feedback in the comment box.
Where can I download high Sierra 10.13 6? ›
If you're already using an older version of it, download it from the Mac App Store's Updates tab.How do I update my Mac from High Sierra 10.13 6 to latest version? ›
- Open System Preferences.
- Select Software Update.
- Allow the app to check if an update is available.
- Once the newest update is detected, click Update Now.
- The update will be downloaded and you will be prompted to install it.
- Click the link to download a disk image (. dmg) file for that macOS.
- Double-click the . dmg file to open it and see the . ...
- Double-click the . pkg file, then follow the onscreen instructions. ...
- Open your Applications folder and double-click the macOS installer, named Install [ Version Name ].
|Initial release||September 25, 2017|
|Latest release||10.13.6 Security Update 2020-006 (17G14042) (November 12, 2020) [±]|
|Update method||Mac App Store|
Or use the App Store or your browser
Click the link to open the App Store page for that macOS. In the App Store, click the Get button to begin downloading the macOS installer. After downloading to your Applications folder, the installer opens automatically. Follow the onscreen instructions to install macOS.
Is Mac OS High Sierra still available? Yes, Mac OS High Sierra is still available to download. I can also be downloaded as an update from the Mac App Store and as an installation file. Compatibility is very similar to Mac OS Sierra and requires a Mac from late 2009.How do I update my Mac from High Sierra to the new version? ›
- Choose System Settings. Then click General in the sidebar, and Software Update on the right.
- Or choose System Preferences. Then click Software Update.
Obsolete Macs no longer qualify for service and support. Security updates are no longer available. Even if you're using an older version of macOS like Mojave, you'll still get security fixes for about 3 years after the operating system's release date.How do I download macOS High Sierra for offline install? ›
- Get the Install macOS High Sierra.app. Download from the App store (recommended) ...
- Copy all installer files (±5 GB) from first computer to /Applications/Install macOS High Sierra/Contents/SharedSupport. ...
- Run Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app as usual.
- Installer should skip downloading and immediately ask to restart.
Press the power button to turn on the Mac – but keep it pressed until you see the startup options window including your bootable volume. Choose the bootable installer volume. Click Continue. The macOS installer should open – when it does follow the onscreen instructions to do the clean install.
How do I download High Sierra on older Mac? ›
Open the macOS High Sierra Patcher tool, navigate to the High Sierra Installer App, then select your pen drive and click “Start Operation”. Boot from the USB drive by holding down the option key after reboot. Install macOS normally, reboot back on the installer drive, and then open the “macOS Post Install” application.How do I update my Mac when it says no updates available? ›
If you don't see Software Update
Use Search in the corner of the window to search for it. If your older Mac doesn't include Software Update, open the App Store app, which is in your Applications folder. Then click the Updates tab in the App Store to check for updates. You can also search for software by name.
As a result, SCSCF will stop providing software support for all computers running macOS 10.13 High Sierra on November 30, 2020 . If you would like to upgrade your computer yourself, you can use the Self Service App. Self Service has an installation package available to upgrade from Sierra (and newer) to Mojave.Does Apple still support high Sierra 10.13 6? ›
You don't have any software updates probably because your iMac doesn't support any OS after High Sierra. Yes they did discontinue High Sierra, and that's why you don't have any security updates.Why can't I install macOS High Sierra? ›
If you get stuck or fail to install the downloaded macOS 10.13/10.13. 4, try the tips below to get this problem fixed: Open Launchpad > Delete "Install macOS Sierra" file with a question mark on it. Reboot Mac and retry downloading a new macOS Sierra update 10.13/10.13.How do I upgrade my Mac to 10.13 High Sierra? ›
To update your Mac, open the System Preferences app or the "About This Mac" menu. If your Mac is still running macOS High Sierra or earlier, you'll need to go through the App Store to update it. You should update your Mac whenever you can, as every update comes with new features and security patches.Is my Mac too old for High Sierra? ›
Mac Hardware Requirements
These Mac models are compatible with macOS High Sierra: MacBook (Late 2009 or newer) MacBook Pro (Mid 2010 or newer) MacBook Air (Late 2010 or newer)
Open System Preferences or on the Apple logo in the top menu. Click on Software Update. Your computer will check for updates, and, if an update is there, will show that an update is available for your Mac. Click on Upgrade Now to download the installer for the new version of macOS.Where Can I Get High Sierra? ›
MacOS High Sierra is available as a free update via the Mac App Store. To get it, open the Mac App Store and click the Updates tab. MacOS High Sierra should be listed at the top. Click the Update button to download the update.Can High Sierra 10.13 6 be updated? ›
It should if your Mac can do Catalina. You can upgrade as long as the new operating system you want to install will run on your Mac.
How do I update my old Mac to the latest software? ›
If your older Mac doesn't include Software Update, open the App Store app, which is in your Applications folder. Then click the Updates tab in the App Store to check for updates. You can also search for software by name.Can I upgrade from High Sierra for free? ›
High Sierra, version 10.13 sounds more like a minor revision of the previous release, Sierra 10.12. Computers running Mac OS 10.7. 5 can upgrade for free on supported devices.What is the oldest Mac that is still supported? ›
MacBook Pro (mid 2012 or later) Mac mini (late 2012 or later) iMac (late 2012 or later) iMac Pro (2017 or later)Whats the oldest Mac you can update? ›
Apple advises that macOS Catalina will run on the following Macs: MacBook models from early 2015 or later. MacBook Air models from mid-2012 or later. MacBook Pro models from mid-2012 or later.What Macs are outdated? ›
In the memo, Apple said the 21.5-inch and 27-inch iMac from Late 2013, the Mid 2014 21.5-inch iMac, and the Retina 5K 27-inch iMac from late 2014 will be marked as obsolete on November 30, 2022. When marked as an obsolete product, the iMacs will no longer be eligible for any repairs and services.Can I download macOS without installing? ›
Yes, you can. 2. The installer will open once the download is complete, but won't start the installation until told to. Yes.Where can I download Mac DMG files? ›
- Open the App Store.
- Go to the “Purchases” section (newer App Store versions must go to Account > Purchases)
- Scroll down the list of Purchased items to locate the Mac OS X Installer version you wish to re-download, then click on the download button.
To begin installation, select Reinstall macOS from the utilities window in macOS Recovery, then click Continue and follow the onscreen instructions. Follow these guidelines during installation: If the installer asks to unlock your disk, enter the password you use to log in to your Mac.How do I wipe and reinstall my High Sierra? ›
Choose Apple menu > Shut Down, press and hold the power button until “Loading startup options” appears, select Options, click Continue, then follow the onscreen instructions. In the Recovery app window, select Reinstall for your macOS release, click Continue, then follow the onscreen instructions.Can you download old macOS versions? ›
Apple provides dmg files of these older macOS versions – you need to download them in Safari. A disk image named InstallOS. dmg will download and once it does you need to locate the pkg installer inside the disk image.
Can you install an older macOS version? ›
If you're installing to an external drive or a new partition, you can just follow what the installer tells you to do. But Apple doesn't let you downgrade your current version of macOS. If you want to install an older version of macOS on your main drive, you need to completely wipe it first.Why can't I install the latest macOS update? ›
Problem: macOS update won't download
Another reason you may not be able to download a macOS update is if you don't have enough free space on your Mac. We always recommend that you don't attempt to install an update to macOS if you have less than 20GB of space free.
To update your Mac, open the System Preferences app or the "About This Mac" menu. If your Mac is still running macOS High Sierra or earlier, you'll need to go through the App Store to update it. You should update your Mac whenever you can, as every update comes with new features and security patches.How do I get IOS 10.13 on my Mac? ›
- Choose System Settings. Then click General in the sidebar, and Software Update on the right.
- Or choose System Preferences. Then click Software Update.
If you are running macOS 10.11 or newer, you should be able to upgrade to at least macOS 10.15 Catalina. To see if your computer can run macOS 11 Big Sur, check Apple's compatibility info and installation instructions.Why can't I update my macOS High Sierra? ›
Ensure Mac computer has a proper and reliable internet connection. Install macOS Sierra in Safe Mode. Hold Power until your Mac shuts down > Turn your Mac on and hold the Shift key > Release Shift when the Apple logo appears > The Mac shall be booted into the Safe Mode. Then try to install macOS 10.13/10.13.Why can't I update my Mac? ›
Apart from Mac compatibility, the other possible reasons why macOS won't update include poor network connection, the lack of disk space, Apple server issues, and more.Is Apple still updating High Sierra? ›
Support Ending on December 1, 2020
In keeping with Apple's release cycle, Apple will stop releasing new security updates for macOS High Sierra 10.13 following its full release of macOS Big Sur.
You can run newer macOS versions on older Macs by using a patcher.How do I upgrade my Mac from High Sierra 10.13 6 to Mojave? ›
- Select the Apple menu, then select App Store.
- Select the Search bar, type mojave, and press Return on your keyboard.
- Select macOS Mojave from the list of programs.
- Select Download.
- Select Continue.
- When you have finished reading and you agree to the terms, select Agree if you agree with them.